The Italian Market
VOLCANIC VIRTUAL WINE TASTING
$90 per couple and $50 individually
WEDNESDAY, OCT 28, 2020 – 6:30pm
Since everyone seemed to really like the last virtual wine dinner we did, and you all mentioned we should do a volcanic wine dinner we have obliged. We have joined the Zoom revolution.
On Wednesday October 28th we will be presenting the Virtual Volcanic Wine Dinner. Johnny Livanos of Diamond Wine Imports will be hosting the zoom meeting and he and I will lead a tasting and discussion of volcanic soil wines. There will once again be three courses and each course will be paired with two wines.
The meeting will be hosted by Johnny Livanos from Diamond Wine Imports, a Greek wine importer, and myself. We will be discussing some aspects of Greek and Italian wine and cuisine. The price for the dinner will be $70 per couple and $40 individually.
Here is how it will work
- You will call and sign up in advance,
- We will be taking a credit card number to guarantee the spot.
- It will take about 20 minutes to get everything ready so give us a call on Wednesday to let us know when you want to pick everything up.
- The wine will be packaged so you can pour it into glasses at your home.
- We will also be giving you a packet with info on the wines and an overview of wines from Volcanic Soils.
- The day of the event we will send out an email with a link to the Zoom meeting so you can sign on.
- The meeting will start at 6:30.
Virtual Wine Dinner
With guest speaker Johnny Livanos
Mixed greens with pear, feta, and grilled eggplant
Paired with Sigalas “AM” and Terre Nerre Etna Bianco
Kofta and Melanzane a barchetta
A Greek style meatball and an eggplant boat with cherry tomatoes, capers,
topped with parmigiano and bread crumbs
Paired with Santo Assyrtiko and Terre Nere Rose
Our Version of Moussaka
Lasagna with eggplant ground beef and a bechamel sauce
Paired with Sigalas “MM” and Terre Nere Etna Rosso